Our overall campaign aim is to make every use of children’s data in education in England, safe, fair and transparent. You can help us with donations. You can volunteer to help us. The more support we have, the more we can do and the more of a difference we can make.
There are some specific things we want to see:
- The National Pupil Database access must move to safe settings for research uses.
- The Department for Education will stop giving out identifiable data to commercial third-parties and press without consent.
- The Department for Education will tell every individual what is done with their data.
- Every use of pupil data should be transparent and open to public scrutiny.
- We support the Against Borders for Children #BoycottSchoolCensus campaign to refuse retract and resist the collection of nationality and country of birth data and every use of pupil data for immigration enforcement purposes.
To see each of our campaign areas follow the link on each one.
One of the biggest risks of the release of identifying pupil data, is that children will need a secure digital identity for their future life transactions and interactions. All the releases of personal data increases the risk of Jigsaw Identification; the ability to identify someone by using two or more different pieces of information from two or more sources.